Communications Director at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is seeking a talented Senior Manager / Director of Communications to join our growing team. You will work directly under our VP of Communications and help shape, grow and drive a best-in-class communications team and disciple within WELL.
In this role, you will continue to scale and innovate the overall communications infrastructure to match WELL’s growth. You will develop, mentor and motivate talent across communications, marketing and the entire organization.
This is an exciting role if you are looking for your next opportunity at a growing healthcare tech startup.
- Critical team leader supporting strategy and execution of an integrated communications program, comprised of corporate, executive, product and all internal communications, that supports business priorities
- Advance WELL’s thought leadership and executive visibility strategy, including:
- Messaging and platform development, content, working with key leaders, setting editorial strategy (e.g., content development, interviews & media preparation, speaking opportunities, bylines, OpEds, podcasts, keynotes, social & video, panels, etc), spokesperson preparation, talking points and media coaching
- Advance WELL’s product communications strategy, including:
- Product launches, product story pitching, spotlights, updates, product awards & rankings
- Advance external (prospective employee) and internal (current employee) communications strategy
- Employee engagement, ERG strategy, internal announcements, change management, Glassdoor strategy, recruiting efforts and content partnerships
- Address real-time social and cultural communications needs
- Maintain and implement a master marketing/communications content and editorial strategy, partnering cross-functionally with others, to ensure messaging and storytelling consistency (corporate, product and executive) across PESO channels (paid, earned, shared and owned)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with journalists and influencers, as well as manage consultants and/or agency relationships
- Handle day-to-day communications needs and media inquiries
- Oversee press material development and partner with content writers for all announcements and stories
- Oversee the tracking and measurement results, including coaching team members on best in class PR practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8-12 years of content management experience (preferably agency side)
- Experience working at PR/Comms agencies with clients in healthcare, B2B tech or Saas organizations
- Naturally curious and experience leading teams and projects in constantly changing business environments
- Demonstrated success as a people coach
- Strong budgetary skills
- Strong communications and consensus building skills
- Startup experience, specifically at a B2B tech Saas organization
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are open to candidates that would be interested in working full-time out of our headquarters when we return to in-office work, or those that are already located within the United States and seeking a permanently remote position. For those that are seeking a permanently remote position, you will be required to come onsite to the Santa Barbara headquarters as requested.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
MacBook Pro provided
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.