Associate, Paid Social at MediaCom
Are you ready to start your career in a $100 billion dollar industry? As an Associate, Paid Social you will be on the specialist career track, receiving intensive training and close mentorship in all aspects of paid social marketing.
Once trained, we will need you to assist with the delivery and management of Paid Social services to our clients. All the while you'll mix with talented teammates from other disciplines, gaining broader digital knowledge. Once you amass foundational digital marketing knowledge, technical skills, and become acclimated to the team, you'll be responsible for the duties below.
- Support social strategy development by compiling client research, competitive data and social platform information.
- We'll have you supporting and improving paid media tactical planning and buying across all platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr.
- Continually improve the social measurement planning and reporting process.
- Research emerging social platforms to support client recommendations.
- Set up media trackers, build media authorizations and insertion orders, steward the billing process and actualize dollars on an ongoing basis.
- Assist team in identifying optimization opportunities and making media recommendations.
- Support Senior Associate and community managers to develop and maintain social content calendars for various platforms.
- Participate in campaign brainstorming sessions.
- Are you a born team-player? We need you to collaborate with the team and external partners to define highly personalized social user experiences (e.g. applications, contest, mobile executions, social TV, etc.).
- Stay current! Though your research and practice, stay ahead of the latest updates regarding tools, techniques and methods related to social media.
- This is an entry-level position. You don't need prior experience to qualify.
- If you have had an internship with an advertising/media agency or in a digital marketing role, and know the ropes, that's a major plus.
- Prior experience using excel for data management and/or budgeting a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; uncommon organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Most importantly, eager to learn, adaptable, and have a strong interest in the advertising/media industry.
[m]Platform is GroupM's suite of proprietary technology and data that enables truly individualized media planning and activation. Backed by the resources and client roster of the world's largest media agency group, [m]Platform has the product, organization and scale to transform the way the largest advertisers approach media: from the traditional broadcast model that still dominates our world to an addressable, audience-first model that elevates the power and role of media in marketing.
GroupM is a WPP company. WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services. Within WPP, GroupM is the consolidated media investment management operation and parent company to world-famous media agencies, such as Mediacom, Mindshare, Wavemaker and Essence. The company has offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Irvine, Atlanta, Seattle and in many other major markets around the globe.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.