Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: https://youtu.be/oi-K17xC_3w
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Associate Marketing Manager (full-time, salaried, regular) will report to the Director, Marketing Strategy and support the Manager, Marketing Strategy, as well as the Marketing Team in the planning and execution of marketing strategies and plans for shows, campaigns, and promotions, to aggressively grow the subscriber base for MotorTrend’s SVOD offering and other important digital initiatives. The ideal candidate must be a highly collaborative, proactive, data driven self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Director, Manager and Team Members in the planning and execution of marketing strategies for shows, campaigns, and promotions focused on acquiring subscribers
- Own the planning and execution of assigned projects, campaigns, and programs including planning, developing decks and creative briefs, managing creative development and delivery, tracking, reporting, and analysis
- Partner with creative teams and agencies as needed to produce best-in-class marketing materials and advertising creative including marketing plans and presentations, trailers and video assets, digital and social ads, content marketing pieces, linear spots, event activations, and print ads
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback
- Be the expert on all assigned campaigns and programs to best plan and maximize communication, opportunities, and placements to acquire subscribers
- Partner closely with internal PR, integrated marketing, social media and cross-functional teams to implement marketing plans
- Analyze performance of all marketing campaigns to evaluate success and to regularly identify areas for optimization
- Continue to retain the linear audience, drive excitement, and awareness for top linear shows and top SVOD priorities through support of strategic graphics planning and promos
- Support linear-specific projects including international asset requests, affiliate asset requests, communication with the on-air media strategy team, and strategic show support of our linear titles
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Media, or Communications; MBA preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing for digital consumer products, services, or apps ideally for an entertainment brand
- Experience with subscription/membership services and SVOD products a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven ability to execute fully integrated marketing strategies at a large media company
- Excellent people skills – relationship building, impeccable communication, collaboration, patience and tact
- Ability to support a fast-paced marketing team with a variety of marketing projects and needs
- Proactive personality suited to handle responsibility, leadership and deadlines under pressure
- Experience working with established brands
- Highly detailed and organized
- Excellent communications (oral and written) skills
- Ability to adapt and pick up new tools quickly is a must
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- Extremely resourceful with strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of customer path to purchase, and direct marketing KPIs, such as CPI, CPA and LTV
- Strength in analytical/problem solving skills with a data driven approach to customer acquisition
- The ability to be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary with a proactive attitude, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are critical with solid presentation skills and an ability to clearly articulate strategy, objectives, tactics, analysis and results along with rationale
- Knowledge and experience with web analytics and attribution tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Kochava, etc.)
- Position is remote until at least Fall 2021 then located in El Segundo, CA office
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Workspace
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.