Associate Director, Paid Search
Associate Director, Paid Search
Are you moving up the career ladder and looking for your next management opportunity in digital media?
In this influential role, you'll be accountable for all day-to-day Paid Search operations on and be the main point of contact for an account. The Associate Director provides strategic direction and leadership inside the digital group, to deliver the most effective and advanced communication plans, managing the career paths of supporting staff within the Paid Search team. You'll be expected to function at a highly efficient level, manage teams on multiple accounts and maintaining a strong client relationship.
- Lead and own the day-to-day management of search team workflow and oversight of search recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting and performance. You will provide stewardship, advising on all Paid Search matters falling within the scope of our engagement.
- You'll develop positive relationships with search community, vendors and Directors for optimal service levels and results
- You will study and understand the client's product, marketing objectives and digital goals with an emphasis on paid search, ensuring your recommendations are insightful and consistent.
- Interface and present to senior clients on regular basis
- Train, motivate & develop Search Managers, Senior Associates and Associates, performing as a leader with minimal supervision. A key result will be developing talent. We need you to elevate the practice by developing your own team members to be strategic about the role of paid search in the media mix.
- Develop and write up standard methodologies for improving operational efficiencies within the team and the group
- Assist in staff planning, resource allocation, interviewing/hiring, and team evaluation
- Maintain and encourage an open environment for the media partners to approach [m]Platform teams first with opportunities and innovations
- Participate in Agency / departmental task forces, project work and new business for GroupM organizational impact
- Keep senior management apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks and other key nuances which affect the health of the business
- You will showcase a minimum of 4-5 years of relevant Paid Search experience or related media planning experience, with focus on team leadership and management.
- Naturally, you'll have an In-depth knowledge and understanding of search engines
- Significant client-facing and relationship management experience
- Prior experience managing a team demonstrating a provent track record in training and growing junior team members
- Working knowledge of Paid Social a plus
- We seek a motivated self-starter who can prioritize tasks, be a decision-maker, and work both on a team and independently
- Exhibit passion through appropriate participation in team, agency, and industry initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written skills; exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
Get all the benefits of working with Fortune 1,000 clients in a dynamic and open environment where we take pride in what we do. We are looking for smart, hardworking professionals to drive business results as a member of the GroupM family.
GroupM is a WPP company. WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services, with 158,000 employees around the globe. Within WPP, GroupM is the consolidated media investment management operation and parent company to world-famous media agencies.
[m]Platform supports the organic search, paid search, paid social, programmatic, and AdOps practices of several GroupM operating companies. Each of these is the agency of record for many of the world's top advertisers.
The work environment is an upbeat, positive, and comfortable one that cultivates creativity and innovation. We have offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Irvine, Atlanta, and Seattle.
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected], call us at +1 212-297-7000, or send us a note at GroupM Talent Acquisition Team, Attention: Michael Wright, 498 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10018.