Lead Systems/DevOps Engineer
Factual is looking for a Lead Systems/DevOps Engineer to head up a small Sysops/DevOps team. Our search is for a special kind of Sysops/Devops engineer -- one who codes to automate, is comfortable with cloud and physical infrastructure, and treats metal like a resource (e.g. hasn’t named a server after a greek god in at least 5 years).
We respond to over 100Kqps, manage a multi-petabyte compute cluster, heavily use and contribute to open source systems. and aggressively build, adopt, and deploy new technologies and capabilities.
This is a great opportunity to manage serious infrastructure that is servicing large amounts of data and traffic, work with a large and outstanding engineering team, and employ state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
- At least 5 years of production Linux sysadmin experience in a high traffic environment
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, tcp/ip and related services.
- Must be able to code in at least in bash and ruby or python
- Nontrivial production experience with at least two of: docker, mesos, chef, openstack
- Nontrivial production hadoop experience
- Experience with modern monitoring tools
- Ability to manage physical hardware like servers, switches, pdus, etc with appropriate automation and abstraction