Sustainability Intern, Summer 2020 at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
Apeel’s Sustainability Team is seeking a highly motivated summer intern to contribute to the advancement of Apeel’s sourcing strategy and its Supplier Responsibility Program. Over the course of twelve weeks, this Sustainability Intern will focus on projects that evaluate future raw materials, taking into account the environmental impacts and business implications. In addition, the intern will support expansion of Apeel’s Supplier Responsibility Program, including recommendations for Apeel’s next-generation Supplier Code of Conduct.
Successful candidates will be organized, detail-oriented and able to lead a project from start to finish. The Sustainability Team is looking for someone with a passion for solving environmental challenges, interest in corporate sustainability, supplier responsibility and supply chain management.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct research that will be used by Apeel’s R&D and Operations Teams to make scale-up decisions that minimize company environmental impacts.
- Work closely with Apeel’s Sustainability, Engineering and Supply Chain Teams to expand Apeel’s Supplier Responsibility Program.
- Gain experience in corporate sustainability and supply chain management within a rapid growing organization.
- Have a high-touch on improving Apeel’s Supplier Responsibility Program and develop expertise regarding a technologies’ upstream supply chain.
What You Bring
- Background in environmental science, supply chain management, sustainability, or other relevant discipline.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively on interdisciplinary projects.
- Positive attitude, active listener, and willingness to learn.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with risk mitigation.
- Experience with environmental accounting.
- Masters or MBA candidate preferred.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.