Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
We are looking for front-end focused software engineers to join our team. As an intern at Anduril, you will be helping to build out our front end features and tooling, deploying them to users, and making sure they're meeting users' requirements. You will be working alongside a team of experienced engineers with diverse backgrounds. Your decisions will have a large impact on the company now and into the future.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, build, and deploy a real-time, map-based interface for displaying and interacting with sensor data and commanding physical assets
- Fetch and manage large streams of data while maintaining performant rendering in a low-friction user experience
- Build and design immersive image-viewing experiences on multiple platforms, including web-based and mobile 3D image viewing as well as integrated VR experiences
- Prior internship experience and academic coursework with a focus in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Human Computer Interaction
- Experience working on frontend applications, especially data-intensive or map-based systems
- Ability to empathize with end-users, to turn needs into features, and to balance user experience with engineering constraints
- Curiosity and experience in backend systems, as well, so that you can understand and contribute to it in support of your frontend responsibilities
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Additionally, in accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.