Summer Engineering Internship
What You’ll Do
Come join our summer internship where you will be part of our product development team. This is not a coffee running or paper shredding internship - you will get to collaborate closely with our full time engineers to work on projects that will make last contributions to our engineering team. We will pair you up with a mentor to help you through the internship.
- Tackle challenging problems to architect and design solutions to a decades stagnant transportation industry
- Full stack development from building a sleek mobile app to backend API
- Work under the guidance of a Senior Engineer to help solve real problems from the initial stages of implementation to production deploys
- Learn and work with different languages and frameworks such as Ruby, Python, React, Java and Swift
- Learn the ins and outs of relational databases, key value stores, and other Amazon services required for the operations of our company
- Understand the development cycle of a life production application
- Work closely with finance, legal, and external vendors which are all required in order to get a product from its conception stages to deployment.
- Attend Lunch & Learns where engineers explain new technologies they are experimenting with and using in our day to day products
- Attend and demo projects on a weekly basis in our Prod Dev Demo Days showing off everything product and design teams are currently working
This is a full time paid summer internship. We are seeking eager candidates who wants to join us provide an easier way for people to have a car!
What You’ll Have:
- Currently a rising junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field in an accredited university (strong GPA 3.5 or above)
- Forward thinking self starter with a team player mentality; someone who understands team dynamic and values teamwork
- Legally eligible to work in the US
What You’ll Get:
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- unlimited cold brew and Kombucha on tap (also beer/rose on tap for happy hours)
- Green commuter benefits (1 block from Light rail)/parking
- Diverse & inclusive culture
- Leadership & mentorship programs
Timeline: 10-12 weeks paid internship opportunity. Program begins early June, ending mid/end of August.
Location: Santa Monica, CA