Summer 2020 UX Research Intern
Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide.
About the Product Design team:
This role is part of the growing Product Design team and will partner closely with the product, engineering, and partner teams. Factual is a fast-growing, global organization with approximately 200 employees.
About the Role:
At Factual our users are core to our product design process, and as a UX Research Intern your role will be to create understanding, empathy, insight, and visibility into the needs and desires of our users and champion their voice in the process. You will help create an understanding around user needs (both stated and inferred) across the whole of the Design, Product, Sales, and Engineering organizations. You will conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and enjoyable new products and features as well as continue innovating on our existing products. And you’ll share your findings, insights, and assertions via compelling presentations across a number of media - from written presentations to video.
As a UX Research Internal at Factual, you will:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users consume location and consumer insights data.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through existing product log data, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Manage and maintain our library of personas and user types making sure we keep up with the needs of our target markets, partners, and customers.
- Work with Product Design, Engineering, and Partner Managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Devise appropriate testing and research strategies and methodologies tailored to our various personas and customer/market segments.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Portfolio of relevant work
- Willing and able to relocate to Los Angeles for the duration of the internship, if not based locally already
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of the Research Process (ideation, iteration, refinement)
- Can think through complex problems
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be currently enrolled in school, and returning to school after the internship program
- Flexible work hours
- LA weather, food, arts, and culture
- Catered breakfast on Monday and catered lunch on Friday
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly pilates, yoga, and meditation classes