Spring Internship, Streaming Marketing- Nashville & Los Angeles at Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
If you have a passion for music consumption through streaming platforms, then we want to hear from you! Participating in this internship will expose you to: Spotify playlisting and promotion, mastery of how to increase engagement for artists and brands on all social outlets, familiarity with online marketing tools and ability to analyze campaign performance, summarize key insights and recommend actions to improve.
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Should have at least sophomore year standing
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Working knowledge of social media and a strong desire to learn more about the digital marketing world
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of music streaming services and promotions
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Pixelmator or other web design tools is a plus, but not necessary
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads (Power Editor, Ads Manager) & Google Analytics is a plus, but not necessary
- Creating social content for artists and clients
- Pulling data for insights and analysis
- Strategize and execute ways to promote artists & clients in order to grow their fan base across all social platforms
- Engaging in brainstorming sessions for global marketing campaigns
- Developing Spotify promotion strategies to assist the promotions team, as well as label artists
- Various day-to-day maintenance tasks for all streaming, marketing/social media and advertising accounts
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish