Software Engineering Apprenticeship, Summer 2019
Summer 2019 Apprenticeship
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
About the role:
This opening is for a paid apprenticeship on our Software Engineering team. Apprentices are self-taught programmers, coding Bootcamp graduates, or individuals with other non-traditional educational backgrounds.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people, who align with our company values for our Software Engineering Apprenticeship position. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with engineering teams across the company, get mentorship from Honey engineers, learn new technologies, help with several new releases and play a hands-on role in making Honey even better. If you're looking to get firsthand experience with a consumer-facing product used by millions of people, we urge you to apply.
About the engineering team:
As a member of our team, you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability, and user experience. We primarily use Node.js, Python, Scala and Go, depending on which team you join. We run a microservices architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. On the engineering team, we value a can-do attitude, collaboration, learning, and curiosity.
What you will do:
- Work directly with and be mentored by engineers who will lend their knowledge and expertise to ensure your growth and development
- Be a part of the team, attend company meetings and other company activities
- Participate in lunch n’ learns, technical workshops, educational and social events.
- Receive competitive compensation, daily lunches, unlimited snacks, and other perks
- You believe in actively tackling new challenges and view ambiguity as an opportunity to be creative.
- You are eager to learn. Technology is ever-changing, and you are always working to level-up your skills and acquire new ones.
- You understand that while technology is important, it needs to work in tandem with other aspects of the company and teams to be successful.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. At Honey, we think big and move fast.
Nice to have:
- MySQL experience
- You are a Honey user
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.