Software Engineer - Mobile Intern
Do you love movies? Do you love to code? Then come spend a summer coding at Fandango!
Fandango is the destination for All Things Movies, and we are inviting Summer Interns to put their love of movies and their passion for technology to work. Come building great things for fellow movie fans.
Why would you work at Fandango?
Here are just some of the benefits of working at Fandango:
- Scale! Fandango sells millions of tickets every week across more screens than anyone else in the world, so every line of code we write impacts millions of movie fans
- Tech! Fandango is rebuilding the movie experience every day with adoption of the latest technologies. Come work with Continuous Integration and Deployment, Cloud Native Microservices, and Reactive Architecture in a DevOps environment
- People! Fandango is made up of passionate technologists like yourself. Come learn from them in our Book Clubs, Tech Talks, Lunch and Learns and hosted Meet-Ups.
- Perks! Free movies, free soft drinks and snacks, free lunch twice a week, and company-wide Movie Days. Those aren’t as cool as great code, but they don’t hurt
What would you do at Fandango?
We have a wide variety of technologies and projects at Fandango. Based on your interest, you could contribute to these or other projects:
- iOS and Android Apps
- Node.js microservices
- Performance and DevOps Visualization
- Continuous Delivery Acceleration
- Responsive Web
- Core Commerce Engine
- Distributed Commerce APIs
On any project, you would operate as a full member of full-stack Agile team. Our goal is to get you pushing code to production as quickly as possible.
Who is Fandango looking for?
Who you are:
• Passionate about technology
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
• Works well in a team
• 3rd year undergrad in Computer Science or Engineering Bachelors of Science program
What you know:
• Understands OOP and the SOLID principles
• Has coursework in data structures, algorithms, and/or operating systems
• Familiar with Windows and Linux
• Has worked with one or more of the following
o VM Languages: Java, Kotlin, C#, Scala, etc.
o Functional Languages: Clojure, Lisp, Erlang, etc.
o The Web: HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc.
If that sounds good to you, come talk to us about a Summer of Code at Fandango.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree in progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits) (rising sophomore, junior, or senior)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Beverly Hills, CA
• Must be available during our program: June 1 – August 10, Monday – Friday, about 9am-6pm, approximately 40 hours/week, for 10 weeks
• Internship positions are paid and do not require school credit
• Recent graduates will not be eligible