Social Media/Community Manager (Internship or Contract)
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
As a Social Media Manager, you will work as part of the growing marketing team at Cameo. Your main area of focus will be engaging with Cameo fans on our owned social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. A successful Social Media Manager will increase engagement and improve sentiment across our communities.
We think this is a dream job for an extremely creative individual who also enjoys the analytical side of growing social media efforts and we could not be more excited to work together!
We’re looking for a candidate who is:
- Outrageously creative
- Can think analytically & be data-driven
- Experience with social media sentiment and tracking platforms
- Passionate about pop culture and the world of celebrity or sub-segments of the society
- Able to think on their feet and craft witty responses on the fly
- Constantly on the lookout for opportunities to leverage what’s new and trending on social platforms
- Willing to help define the Cameo personality across our digital properties
- No job is too big or too small, willing to help with one-off marketing and growth projects
- Identify new internet trends and opportunities to spark viral conversation and potential content partnerships
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- Experience as a community manager or social media manager for a B2C/lifestyle brand/personality
- Knowledge of basic digital production including photo and video editing programs (Adobe Creative Suite is a plus)
- Experience with writing creative copy and bringing a brand voice to life
- Some social media growth experience a plus
*With your application, please provide links to social channels that you currently manage and/or previous examples of social content you've created.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.