Social Media Intern (Summer)
Greater LA Area
Girlboss is a digital professional network built for ambitious women. Our mission is big: to provide women the opportunity and connections they need to advance both personally and professionally. We’re building what’s been called the “Linkedin for women,” but our vision extends beyond traditional career. The Girlboss platform provides a place for women to share and connect over not just what they do, but who they are. Extending this through events, a podcast network, and editorial content, Girlboss is building an ecosystem of support for women at the center of a new era of work.
Girlboss is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, and whip-smart social intern to join its Los Angeles Office from May 2019 until August 2019. Reporting to our social strategist, this position will assist with ideation, social content planning, scheduling and posting, assisting with post creation, community management, sourcing content, and more. Above all, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to learn how a fast-growing startup works, while adding value to a lean organization and seeing the immediate impact of good work.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Work with Girlboss’ social strategist to plan content for Girlboss’ social accounts.
- You will help plan cultural calendars and assist in brainstorming new content, with the opportunity to pitch and execute on new ideas.
- Stay abreast of trends and conversations happening on social media and assist in adapting them for Girlboss’ social media.
- Assist in writing social copy and post planning, under clear guidance.
- Source on-brand imagery and inspiration.
- Assist in researching and approaching influencer partners. Assist in content capture for internal/external content promo, moments and events.
- Help to community moderate across Girlboss’ Instagram properties.
- Assist with other administrative and copy tasks as needed.
Some things you need to have:
- Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen eye for grammar and spelling.
- A knack for using Instagram, and close familiarity with Instagram Stories.
- Ability to multi-task and manage own time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn many different skills.
- Creativity and a very keen sense of brand aesthetics.
- Interest in and understanding of the Instagram, and broader SM landscape, with passionate ideas about how to innovate and stay ahead of the curve. A strong, demonstrable grasp of the Girlboss tone of voice.
- Being a student/recent graduate of a degree in journalism or communications a plus.
This is a paid position for 3 days a week in our Silver Lake offices in Los Angeles. Candidate must have a reliable form of transportation.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. Girlboss offers all full-time employees equity packages, health benefits paid at 100%, unlimited PTO, 401K, paid maternity leave, remote work on Fridays, and more.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, and other marginalized groups to apply. Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description