Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We've assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
The Robotics team at Anduril develops aerial and ground-based robotic systems. The team is responsible for taking products like Ghost, Anvil, and our Sentry Tower from paper sketches to operational systems. We work in close coordination with specialist teams like Perception, Autonomy, and Manufacturing to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers. We are looking for software engineers and roboticists excited about creating a powerful robotics stack that includes computer vision, motion planning, SLAM, controls, estimation, and secure communications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Robotics interns at Anduril work on real and important problems facing the team.
- Previous intern projects have included:
- Building an automated analysis platform for evaluating robot performance
- Integrating and characterizing experimental new cameras
- Incorporating differential GPS into one of our robots
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Proven understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience working with and testing electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong C++ experience in a Linux development environment
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience in one or more of the following: motion planning, perception, localization, mapping, controls, and related system performance metrics.
- Python, Rust, and/or Go experience
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Complex frame transformation problems, such as target localization or multi degree of freedom robotic arms
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.