Boingo Wireless offers a “buffet for technologist”! We trust you to figure out the best solution and get it done. What’s on the menu? Field Testing in major US Cities, Hard core Networking, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP,C++, AWS, Mobile Apps and more. We’re building systems for everything from ad-serving to remote management tools for commercial Wi-Fi Networks. We’re certifying our services, products and networks to stay on the cutting edge of the Telecom-Network convergence.
- Work with Developers, Network Engineers and Field Engineers along with other project stakeholders to develop and deploy cutting edge Wireless Networks at airports, arenas, malls and military bases.
- Look at all logfiles and system data to figure out customer quality at 100+ locations worldwide by harnessing data through Splunk, Hadoop and other tools.
- Develop and maintain Test Plans, Test procedures and Test Reports to support documentation for Quality Assurance projects.
- Travel to some of our Wireless Locations to make sure end consumers (Carriers as well as retail customers) are getting best Wireless Coverage, Connection and Network Performance.
- Help us automate our test cases by using open source and some of the specialized automation & network monitoring tools (Spirent, Splunk, Silk and others).
- Make recommendations regarding Network Deployment, Quality Assurance processes, etc.
- Junior or Senior year student at 4 year degree program majoring in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Able to work more than 30 hours in a week during Summer months (at least 8+ weeks internship).
- Must have some knowledge in Data Communication/Networking.
- Ability to program in one of the computer software languages (C++, C#, Python or Java) would be ideal.
- Knowledge/Interest in Wireless domain will be advantageous.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written).
Our 12-week summer internship program is designed for rising juniors and seniors in college. Start dates include June 3rd and June 17th.
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as we will consider applications on a first come first review basis.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.