QA Engineering Intern
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineering Intern to join our 2019 Summer Internship Program. In this role, you’ll work alongside our Product, UX, and Development teams to tackle important challenges through experimentation with programming languages like Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, and more. You’ll write tests, validate software and ship for production, participate in agile ceremonies, and hone the skills needed to spearhead your professional career.
Join our intern class of 50+ peers, where you’ll have access to networking sessions, professional development training, and mentorship programs all dedicated to guiding you through the process of learning. This is an exciting opportunity to support some of the highest-performing teams in the SaaS industry. Exceptional performers will have significant opportunity for joining full-time after graduation.
What you’ll do:
- Use Git and Github - identify branched code for testing, pull code into a test environment for validation, potentially push automation code to a repository
- Participate in testing refactored code - gain an understanding of why and what QA does when refactoring occurs, seeing regression testing in real time
- Use a Universal Development Environment - learn what and when code is pushed to Production and the various states of that code while testing and staging occurs
- Write tests and execute them against production ready code - work with design/mockup and workflows prior to testing and development; construct a test case and test planning while changes are going to production; delivery
- Program for readability - create automated tests that can be understood by other QA engineers so they can be easily executed and/or updated
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree at a 4-year academic institution and have at least one term to complete following Summer 2019
- Previous web development experience, ReactJS or RoR strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for programming, solving problems, and learning
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. We understand that you may incur expenses related to taking this opportunity - whether it’s travel, renting, commuting, or whatever comes your way, we would like to support you. All interns joining the Procore team who are active students or recent graduates will receive a signing bonus and full access to all on-campus perks.