Podcast Public Relations and Outreach Intern to Hire (Paid)
Since 2009, Single Grain has been passionate about helping companies build predictable growth online. Our expertise is in paid media, paid social, SEO, and content marketing and we’ve worked with Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises, such as Uber, Amazon, and Salesforce. We are an effective and dynamic team passionate about educating, growing and moving the digital industry forward. Check out our Instagram @single.grain for a peek of what our days look like in the office!
Our founder and thought leader, Eric Siu, has led Single Grain to where it is now and is continuing to grow its audiences through a variety of channels. He hosts two podcasts - Marketing School (1M downloads/mo) and Growth Everywhere (100k downloads/mo). Marketing School brings you 10 minutes of marketing advice and strategies every single day. Growth Everywhere posts weekly interviews of world-class entrepreneurs and C-level executives and pulls out actionable insights to help you grow personally and professionally. We speak at conferences as well as host our own, we run a blog with over 200,000 visitors/mo and have a YouTube channel with 24,000+ subscribers. We even have our own SaaS tool and educational products.
We are looking for a humble, hungry and smart Podcast Public Relations and Outreach Intern to join our growing Content Marketing team. You will be a great fit if
- You are tech-savvy, self-starting, resourceful, entrepreneurial, endlessly curious, and highly ambitious
- You have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a growth mindset
- You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others
When you apply, please include the words “PR is Cool” in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not include this phrase will not be considered.
About the Role
The ideal Podcast Public Relations and Outreach Intern will learn all about SEO and content marketing for podcasts, YouTube, live streaming, and blogging. With your help and expertise, we will bring the Leveling Up podcast to new heights through strategic partnerships and collaborations with other brands, publications, and influencers. This internship is based in downtown LA and is a Monday-Wednesday work schedule with the opportunity to become full-time after a 90 day period. You will report to our Social Media Coordinator and Founder.
- Source, engage, and book C-level/high-profile executives as guests speakers for Eric's Leveling Up podcast and YouTube channel
- Reach out industry and thought leaders for potential collaborations for Eric Siu’s branding and our social presence (YouTube, Instagram & podcasts)
- Proactively pitch new engagement ideas and opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising to reach new customers and audiences
- Analyze, measure, and report on influencer activity during and after campaigns to evaluate, address learning, and optimize future initiatives
- Continuously monitor the latest trends and changes in the digital publication world to ensure we are always ahead of the curve in our knowledge and capabilities
- Prior social media/content marketing experience in school or past internships
- Demonstrated interest in the digital marketing industry, entrepreneurship, and startups
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent typing, written, and communication skills
- Please include the words “PR is Cool” in your cover letter (or else your application will not be considered)
- Paid internship ($13/hour)
- Growth-oriented culture with emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building
- Commuter and other pre-tax benefits
- Meditation wellness on-demand
- Client and employee referral incentive programs
- Monday team lunches, stocked kitchen, team happy hours
- Potential full-time offer with additional benefits at the end of the 90-day internship