Operations Management Intern
- Internships are paid and are normally 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position or a second internship the following year.
- Exposure to manufacturing facility, quality, production, and food safety aspects of industry.
- Gain a better understanding of processes, customers, products, purchasing, sanitation, and safe quality foods (SQF).
- Evaluate, update and/or write standard operating procedures (SOPs) for equipment and processes, employee training manuals, process flow diagrams (PFDs).
- Provide manufacturing information and provide recommendations on best practices and improvements by researching, compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data.
- Create and revise systems, procedures, paperwork and processes by analyzing operating practices and recommending changes.
- Review Variable Production Schedules, analyze data and generate recommendations.
- Create Variable Production Schedules based on Production Planning
- Has earned a Bachelor's degree or pursuing a Master Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program graduating between December 2018 and May 2020.
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2018).
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance.
- Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodations.
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel and Word
- Pursuing a Master's Degree or has secured a BA/BS business-related degree (Operations Management, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering).
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!