Mechanical Engineering Intern, Undergraduate Summer 2020
About This Role
The Mechanical Engineering Intern will work with the Design Engineering team to update and improve the organization and structure of mechanical design CAD part numbering and file management. In this role the mechanical engineering intern will work to update mechanical designs and part drawing using Solidworks, update and improve Bills of Material for existing and new designs, help with part number assignments, and work with the team on importing part number and Bill of Material information into the ERP system.
What You’ll Do
- Use Soidworks to update part drawings to reflect new part drawing style and part numbering structure.
- Update Bills of Materials to ensure accuracy with current as-built designs.
- Enter Bill of Material info into ERP system to support ongoing in-house engineering builds.
- Assign part numbers and organize Solidworks files and supporting part documentation.
- Help generate the Solidworks model database for commonly used components.
- Keep the Engineering team and other groups updated on project progress through regular status updates.
What You Bring
- High attention to detail and natural organizational ability
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with Solidworks part, drawing and assembly files
- Enthusiasms to work within a high growth startup company and the desire to learn from more experienced mechanical / design engineer
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.