IT Help Desk Intern
Boingo, one of the Best Places to Work in LA, is looking for an Intern in IT Support. You’ll report to our Director, Service Desk and play a key role in our asset management program. You’ll learn about basic hardware & software configuration, best practices in corporate asset management as well as all things Jira. There’s a lot we expect you to accomplish in your internship. So, if you’re ready to pitch in and learn a lot, please apply!
- Set up and re-deploy a variety of laptop & desktop machines. Dell, Surface and Mac.
- Review & resolve IT Support tickets in Jira
- Provide 1st level technical support and expertise for Windows 7, Windows 10 and MacOS
- Provide support for Office 365 — adding/removing services, users
- Install software with strict security guidelines
- Desktop/Mobile phone email configuration
- Windows and Mac computer and printer set-up
- Basic networking skills
- Build and install new computer systems
- Supports desktop and laptop end-users with IT-related problems, including responding to requests, setting up and administering new user accounts, and working through trouble-tickets.
- Experience with Mac & PC laptops & desktops.
- Good basic trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Great client service attitude.
- Experience using a ticketing system is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Our 12-week summer internship program is designed for rising juniors and seniors in college. Start dates include June 3rd and June 17th.
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as we will consider applications on a first come first review basis.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.