Internship Program Recruiter / Coordinator– West Coast (Contractor)
We are Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are looking for a rockstar candidate to join our internship team at Universal Music Group (UMG). We develop and lead student programs that provide opportunities to interns across a variety of experiences that only UMG could offer. Our internships vary by record labels; business units; locations, each with it's own unique cultural groove. We are looking for a Recruiter / Coordinator to join our team and help build for the future, identifying and developing the next generation of future industry leaders.
This role is responsible for UMG's west coast intern hiring process by screening resumes, building pipelines, sourcing candidates and partnering with key stakeholders for the internship programs. This role will then work closely with HR Business Partners, Hiring Managers, and Business Leaders to manage the internship experience.
- Track and screen job applicants as assigned
- Source and identify qualified candidates for internship positions in our west-coast locations
- Schedule and conduct prescreen interviews with qualified applicants
- Provide qualified prescreened applicants to hiring managers
- Decline applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications for the position
- Check rehire eligibility for previous UMG employees
- Support with intern recruiting
- Answer general employment questions from potential applicants
- Develop relationships with candidates, ensuring a positive candidate experience
- Assess active and passive pipelined candidates from internet databases, social media, contact lists, internal databases, job boards, and employee referrals
- Lead the full-cycle internship program for spring, summer and fall initiatives on the west coast
- Oversee the recruitment process
- Lead orientation, workshops and other programmatic elements
- Assist in implementing UMG brand development strategies
- Partner with Leaders and HR Business Partners to determine the intern hiring goals for the calendar year
- Manage executive level program referrals
- Manage the west coast campus recruiting program at target schools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook,etc.)
- Strong initiative, intuition and sense of urgency
- Creativity in problem-solving & intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment under deadlines
- Ability to interact with all levels of management team
- 1-3 years of experience in intern recruiting, campus recruiting or entry-level talent
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.