Fall Intern - Software Engineer (In Person) at Anduril (Greater LA Area, CA)
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership. As a member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our customers. We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale - so being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Engineers are responsible for the full product lifecycle, including design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal hardware & software teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Take feedback to iterate on and improve Anduril’s software systems.
- Prior engineering internship experience, along with current academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Approaching Junior year or beyond at the time of the internship.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Have a bias for action. If you see a problem, you want to solve and fix it.
- Be naturally curious about the technologies and tools you use.
- Have a point-of-view, but are still low-ego.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!