Events Intern - The Other Art Fair
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including London, Bristol, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
We are looking for an Events Intern to help us organize the next Los Angeles and Dallas editions of The Other Art Fair from our Los Angeles office in Santa Monica. Intern will work closely with our artists, operations team, and partners. The role is varied and exciting, providing valuable experience for anyone interested in creative events and the contemporary art world.
Leaf Group, The Other Art Fair’s holding company, is a house of brands that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a dedicated Events Intern grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Fair Director
A typical day as an Events Intern might include:
- Help the fair team plan and execute features that engage visitors and artists
- Provide support for artists leading up to and at the fair including assisting with the exhibitor workshop
- Serve as on-site event support at the Los Angeles fair
You’ll be successful if you love talking to people about cool new happenings, want to support emerging artists, and are super-organized.
What You Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication. You’re comfortable picking up the phone and talking to anyone.
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset. You are motivated to complete tasks on time and support the team’s goals.
- Eagerness to wear multiple hats—no job is too small or too large. You want to learn all you can.
- An eye for detail and an appreciation for art. You would be going to the Fair even if you weren’t involved!
- Self-starter mentality—you work well when you’re self-directed, and are quick to ask questions.
- BA or current enrollment in Art History, Marketing, Communications or other Business program.
- Able to intern 40 hours/week, typical schedule is Monday – Friday, 8 hours/day from our LA office but hours may vary during fair dates. Availability ideally through the end of May.
- Our environment is informal but we work hard and responsibly. An upbeat, supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.