Data Analyst Intern, 2020
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we’re hiring! We are actively seeking a Data Analyst Intern to join our team in Los Angeles.
If you aren’t already in the Los Angeles area, don’t fret - we’ll move you here!
About The Analytics Team:
We work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to dig into data and try to predict and quantify user behavior, map out certain consumer journeys, and decide on what features to push to production. We work closely with one another on projects that interest us as it relates to business needs.
In This Role You Will:
- Support product development and growth at Honey utilizing data to inform decisions
- Study user behavior and provide data-driven recommendations to drive increased engagement and retention
- Implement innovative data wrangling techniques, quantitative analyses, and visualizations to distribute information at scale across the business
- Shadow fellow product analysts to build tools and automate data processes
- Partner with engineering, product, finance, and marketing departments to understand, solve, and anticipate their analytics needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or similar
- Master’s Degree in Analytics, Data Science or Information Systems preferred
- Experience with SQL, Python, R and/or Tableau
- Passionate about working in a start-up environment
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Prior experience at a tech company is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Housing stipend
- Travel reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Free catered lunch daily and snacks
- Fitness classes
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.