Creative Strategist/Copywriter Intern
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
About the Marketing team:
As a member of the Marketing team, you will be tasked with helping bring the Honey brand to life and engage with our audiences in a meaningful way. You’ll tackle the challenge of balancing human insights, strategic rigor, and creative craft to create amazing digital and social content. We enjoy working with others that are curious and love thinking, making and solving problems in creative ways.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Creative Strategist/Copywriter Intern to join Honey’s marketing team. You love social, digital, advertising, critical thinking and most importantly solving problems. You are an insights-driven strategic thinker with amazing writing skills and ability to find new ways to connect with and engage the consumer. You value research and use insights to inspire and write performance creative. You are open, have a curious mind and a keen understanding of human psychology and behavior. You will report to the VP of Creative and work closely with other creative and growth team members to create daily digital and social content.
As a Creative Strategist/Copywriter Intern at Honey, you will:
- Ideate and write copy for digital and social media ads that engage and motivate audiences to take action.
- Drive and own development of creative solutions that are rooted in consumer insights.
- Partner and collaborate with an integrated team of creatives, social media marketers, and editors.
- Learn and apply critical thinking about our audience.
- Understand and translate brand guidelines into beautifully crafted copy.
- Take feedback and understand how to act on them.
- Juggle multiple projects and deliver assets on time.
- Must have an online portfolio of work that demonstrates superb writing skills, and smart, critical thinking.
- Be in or have a degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Psychology.
- Ability to think and write under short deadlines.
- Knowledge of all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc).
- Effective time management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- A self-starter with strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.