Copywriter Intern, Fall 2019 at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Product Copywriter intern to join our Product team
About the Product team:
As a member of the Product team, you’ll help bring the Honey brand to life and engage with our users in a meaningful way. You’ll balance human psychology, online behavior, and creative language to craft messaging that takes people through the Honey experience on desktop and mobile. Along with in-product messaging, you’ll help build the user relationship through emails, websites, and other forms of communication.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Copywriter Intern to join Honey’s product team.
As a copywriter, you’ll craft concise in-product messaging that delivers on our brand and business objectives. You’ll also develop copy for Honey’s 10million plus users across various touch points such as website, blog, emails, and other related copy. You will work closely with the Director of Product Copy to develop and refine messaging that focuses on consumer insights and delivers on Honey’s voice.
You have a strong interest in UX. This doesn’t mean you specialize in creating wireframes. Instead, it means you’re able to understand user mindset and how to guide them along Honey’s diverse range of products.
- You love social, digital, and you’re a big fan of brands that engage regularly with consumers.
- You are driven to developing your writing skills and understanding what makes consumers tick.
- You are able to balance creative instinct with strategic, insight-driven thinking.
- You are open-minded, eager to learn, and detail-focused (every word matters).
- And last but not least, you like to have fun. That part’s important.
As a Product Copywriter Intern at Honey, you will:
- Ideate and write in-product copy for the Honey extension and mobile app.
- Develop voice and copy for emails, website, and other user touchpoints.
- Have an interest in user psychology and how it applies to effective copy.
- Partner and collaborate with an integrated product team - product managers, product designers, engineers, etc.
- Learn and apply critical thinking about our audience.
- Take feedback and understand how to act on it.
- Juggle multiple projects and deliver assets on time.
- Must have an online portfolio of work that demonstrates writing potential and talent, smart, critical thinking.
- Be in or have a degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Psychology.
- Ability to think and write under short deadlines.
- Knowledge of all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc).
- Effective time management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked.
- Familiar with wireframes and UI. (You don’t need to be an expert. But you do have a general understanding and a burning desire to learn).
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.