Ranker is seeking a Content Intern to join the team in our Los Angeles office.
This is a paid contract internship that will last for 3 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. This position is currently remote, but will be expected to return to the office when it re-opens.
We are looking for detail-oriented pop-culture junkies who have a comprehensive knowledge of and passion for film, TV, sports, music, video games, or a combo therein. Do you know who played Buffy Summers in the movie AND the TV show? Did John Elway win 2 or 3 Super Bowls? What does "Post-punk" mean? These are the kinds of questions we are faced with every day, and knowing the answer, or at least have the skills to find the answer in a timely fashion, are what we are looking for.
What you'll do:
- Be an integral part of our cleanup project
- Review User Generated Content for copyediting, photo licensing and accuracy
- Provide research on existing lists and items in our system.
- Monitor Ranker for style issues and make corrections as necessary
- Strong editing skills
- Demonstrated passion for words, language, and grammar
- Familiarity with AP and Chicago style guides
- Relentless attention to detail while comfortable multitasking in fast-moving environments
- Previous experience copyediting in an editorial role at a school publication or other internship at a website, magazine, or newspaper is a huge PLUS
- A positive, mature attitude
- A love of all things pop culture