Content Curator Intern at Cameo
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 500,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
As a Content Curator Intern, you will work as part of the growing marketing and design teams at Cameo, and your work will impact cross across multiple functions. Your two main areas of focus will be sourcing best-of clips from our extensive library of Cameo videos + reaction videos, and creating compelling video content (memes, compilations, mashups, explainers, etc). The videos you create will be used on Cameo’s social media accounts, websites, online advertisements, emails and landing pages.
We think this is a dream job for an extremely creative, goal-oriented individual and we could not be more excited to work together!
We're looking for a candidate who is:
- Outrageously creative - a great sense of humor is key
- Capable of identifying new internet trends and opportunities to spark viral conversation
- Knowledgeable in all social media platforms for content curation (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
- Organized and methodical about process (necessary when working with so many videos assets)
- Passionate about pop culture and the world of celebrity
- Willing to help define the Cameo personality across our digital properties through video editing and creation
- Interested in working closely with the marketing team, providing on-the-fly input, ideas and direction
Experience we hope you bring to the table:
- Awesome portfolio of prior video or social media work
- Experience with a large library of video content
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro X is a plus
- Strong writing skills, and extreme attention to detail
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.