Business Development Intern to Hire (Paid)
Single Grain is a small, but mighty, digital marketing agency in downtown LA. We specialize in PPC, Paid Social, SEO, and Content Marketing to create meaningful predictable growth for companies from Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises, such as Intuit, Uber, and Amazon. We are an effective and dynamic team passionate about educating, growing and moving the digital industry forward. Check out our Instagram @single.grain for a peek of what our days look like in the office!
We are looking for a humble, hungry and smart Business Development Intern to join our growing Business Development team. You will be a great fit if
- You are tech-savvy, self-starting, resourceful, entrepreneurial, endlessly curious, and highly ambitious
- You have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a growth mindset
- You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others
When you apply, please include the words “Biz Dev is Cool” in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not include this phrase will not be considered.
About the Role
A Single Grain Business Development intern is an opportunist converting leads into clients. You strategically position the company as a solution without overselling or overpromising. The position will be 3 days a week (Monday-Wednesday) for 3 months with an opportunity to grow into a full-time position immediately after the internship. In return, you will learn tactical sales skills that will enhance your education all the while being an integral part of a digital marketing agency that bolsters your personal and professional growth.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Head of Business Development
- Create client proposals and contracts
- Research companies who meet our Ideal Customer Profile to create an outbound prospect list
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Accompany business development team at meetings and conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interested in exploring a sales career
- Contribute to the success of the sales team by maintaining a positive, cooperative attitude and working harmoniously with the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven and wants to figure things out for themselves (but knows when to ask for help).
- Extremely detailed, organized, reliable, and trustworthy
- Please include the words “Biz Dev is Cool” in your cover letter
- Paid internship
- Growth-oriented culture with emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building
- Commuter and other pre-tax benefits
- Meditation wellness on-demand
- Start-up support for passion projects and side hustles
- Client and employee referral incentive programs
- Monday team lunches, stocked kitchen, team happy hours
- Potential full-time offer with additional benefits at the end of the 90-day internship