Business and Legal Summer Internship
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
The UMG Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking for the next group of interns for the Summer semester to join us at our Santa Monica office. This internship will be working with our Business and Legal team.
- Work closely with UMG's global privacy team on day-to-day compliance and a couple of projects
- Projects include creating a contact "playbook" to assist with review and negotiation of data protection-related terms in vendor agreements
- Expand and enhance UMG's global cybersecurity incident response plan
- Additional projects depending on UMG's needs and the intern's interests
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a law degree program
- Strong interest in data, technology, and privacy issues.
- Exceptional computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Interest in music, media, IP, or other related entertainment law a plus.
Out of State Applicants:
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.