Art & Community Intern - Society6
Society6 is a creative marketplace where independent artists upload designs on quality goods ranging from art, home décor, and accessories. Every purchase pays an artist, and all of our 50+ products are made to order. With designs from over 300,000 artists, you’ll always find something new, unique, and perfect for you.
We are looking for an Art & Community Intern to join our Society6 team at our Santa Monica office.
You’ll Report To: Artist Community Manager
A typical day as an Art & Community Intern might include:
- Moderating artist-submitted content for adherence to Society6 Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- Supporting curation and merchandising teams by flagging high quality new designs for their review.
- Contributing to and maintaining internal content review guidelines by identifying opportunities and trends.
- Identifying opportunities for improving the review process and implementing solutions.
- Assisting the artist community team with day-to-day tasks on an as needed basis.
You’ll be successful if you have a can-do attitude, a passion for art and popular culture, and are eager to grow and learn more from your team.
What You Have:
- Availability to intern 24 hours/week from our Santa Monica Office.
- A strong interest in art and popular culture.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories. We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparabsly's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.