The Sidebench Apprenticeship program is a 6-month full-time paid developmental internship that is designed to provide the Apprentice with valuable and meaningful first-hand experience.
The program is looking for a motivated recent college graduate or a candidate looking to make a change in their career path who is looking to gain insight into a potential career track in the tech field, but all who are able to dedicate 6 months full-time are welcome to apply.
We currently have rolling admissions for this program and have 3 tracks to choose from including:
Business Development and Marketing
Within a Business Development and Marketing track, you will assist in a myriad of activities that cover everything from client relations to the core pillars of our marketing strategies. In this department, you would be responsible for client management, research, copywriting, sales pipeline strategy, social media posts, and other activities as they arise.
Product / Project Management
In this track, you will work with Product and Project Managers & engagement teams to streamline the client experience from start to finish. You’ll be depended on to help the team run smoothly and to help Sidebench deliver a great finished product. You will learn how to build and maintain project and product documentation that pertains to budgeting, strategic planning, product documentation, client deliverables, and you will be expected to be an active member of client workshops.
With our Design Team, you will assist in a myriad of activities that cover everything from wireframes to marketing materials. You will assist in executing client deliverables, Sidebench branding materials, social collateral, and you will contribute to internal and client marketing materials.
**If you feel as though you would fit into a hybrid role or have another track that you would like to pitch us on, please do so within your application.
We invest a lot of time into all of our Apprentices in the hopes that after their 6-month contract ends, they’ll be able to join our team full-time. During the Apprenticeship you will:
- Gain significant exposure to marketing and communications practices within one of the fastest growing digital product consultancies in the US
- Do impactful work that contributes to the greater goals of the Sidebench team
- Be challenged to think big, creatively solve problems, and turn solutions into processes
- Have a dedicated mentor throughout the apprenticeship who is there to help guide you and provide regular, structured feedback
- Work with and learn from a team of smart, friendly, and fun techies who care about your development
The specific requirements for each track are different, however, the core requirements for an Apprentice include:
- Genuine interest in technology and business and the desire to learn more
- Self-starter with a demonstrated capacity for independent initiative
- Strong research and analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Leadership experience in the classroom, workplace or at a student organization
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be responsive, pro-active, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Ability to produce detailed and well-organized documentation (have a knack for effectively summarizing concepts, thoughts, and research)
- Must be able to commit to a full-time role for a period of 6 months
- Experience with the web or app development process is a big plus
- Our dress code is casual and we play music throughout the office (we DJ by committee)
- Our Culture Club celebrates new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays
- We have a monthly happy hour, one big company event per quarter, and an annual party to celebrate our anniversary
- We are walking distance from downtown Culver City and offer free office parking
- We have a modern, open air office space that encourages collaboration while also providing private space free from distraction
- Our kitchen is stocked with free coffee, tea, beer, wine, fresh fruit and plenty of snacks
Apprentices are paid $12 an hour with the expectation that after successfully completing the Apprenticeship, they will be offered a competitive full-time salary.