Accounting Intern, Summer 2019
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in downtown Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
We are looking for an intern to join the Accounting team this summer. This is a paid full-time internship.
As an intern on the Accounting team at Honey, you will:
- Support the team by performing administrative duties such as conducting research, preparing spreadsheets, analyzing financial statements and other similar functions.
- Perform Accounts Payable tasks including vendor management and coding/entering invoices.
- Prepare and enter recurring and miscellaneous accounting entries in Oracle.
- Perform bank and other balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Assist with special projects which may include robotic process automation (RPA) implementation. Support the Accounting team in identifying and documenting best use cases for RPA. Assist in the design, development, testing, and deployment of business process automation.
- You are currently earning a Bachelor’s Degree; Business, Accounting, Finance, and Econ majors are preferred
- You have demonstrated experience using MS Office and Google Suite, and advanced skills in Excel
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- You can handle multiple projects simultaneously and work with deadlines
- You have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- You are inquisitive and eager to learn.
- Experience with Visio
- Previous internship experience
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.