Ring is looking for a wireless professional with extensive experience in 802.11 networking protocols. Ideal candidates will be extremely well versed in 802.11 Wi-Fi and TCP/IP protocols with lots of hands on experience analyzing and debugging Wi-Fi and networking issues. The ideal candidate will have a real passion for their work and will be able to drive features and issues to completion. Candidates should have experience shipping and supporting commercial wireless products. Candidates have experience up and down the stack from L1 to L3 as well as experience programming at the application layer for network products.
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Work within a team to develop new wireless products with best in class Wi-Fi and BLE solutions.
- Root causing field connectivity issues.
- Integrate radio device drivers into RTOS and Linux systems.
- Multi-tasking work across multiple products.
- 5 years industry experience designing consumer electronics products with emphasis on radio frequency communication devices using industry standard protocols such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, etc.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in WLAN protocols such as rate adaptation algorithms, QoS, Encryption and security, Authentication, 802.11 PS, Multicast, Broadcast, Unicast packets usage, Roaming, Mesh Networking, Scan, auto channel selection, etc
- Basic understanding of radio layer CSMA/CD, Diversity, STBC, MRC, MIMO, OFDM. Convolution Encoding, FEC, etc,
- Experience in IP stack protocols particularly as related to getting a device on a network: DHCP, DNS, DLNA, Bonjour, proxies, etc.
- Experience in other protocols like 802.15.4, their hardware abstraction layer, application layers and profiles.
- Communicate clearly
- Hands on.
- Proficient C/C++ coding experience
- Experience working in both RTOS and Linux environments
- Working ability to read schematics and component data sheets.
- Strong documentation and writing skills in English.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Read Full Job Description