Headspace has one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness through its app and online content offerings. At Headspace, our employees embody our three core values: selfless drive, courageous heart, and a curious mind.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 65M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
About the VP, Technical Operations and Information Security at Headspace:
Headspace is looking for a VP of Technical Operations and Information Security reporting to our Chief Technology Officer. In this role you will lead the teams responsible for our enterprise operations including IT and Information Security. You will be critical to setting strategy and executing as we scale our operations globally including supporting our in house studios. You will work closely with other leaders in technology to establish our information security practices, ensure compliance with HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR and other regulatory standards as well as work to ensure compliance with information security standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, and HITRUST. You will also work closely with our production and content teams to ensure we have the system, processes, and tools in place to support our needs for production of content for within and outside our product. You and your team will be key enablers of the entire enterprise and directly support our vision of improving the health and happiness of the world.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- You will be constantly identifying innovative ways of enabling Headspace to deliver on our vision leading a proactive operations team that provides the systems and tools needed for each person at Headspace to be successful
- You will use your business perspective to help us apply technology and process to create leverage to enable the company to execute effectively
- You will help us build our capabilities for content production and the integration of production workflows with our product development processes
- You will use your experience to mentor your team and build the next generation of operational leaders with a focus on customer obsession, efficiency and cost consciousness
- You will lead the InfoSec and IT teams as they work towards meeting compliance and security objectives
What you’ve accomplished:
- 8-10+ years of experience of relevant experience
- Developing measurements to communicate your team's effectiveness across the organization
- Coaching the next generation of leaders, You can define goals for leaders and can create a clear and definite growth path at all levels
- Changing the direction of operations with a steady focus on delivering value for your customers, and you are able to influence at a broader level to enact change
- Supporting an enterprise in multiple locations with a mix of hardware and software services supporting all aspects of the business from engineering to content development to finance
- Collaborating with senior management to create alignment on systems and processes to help Headspace scale.
- Leading teams through complex multi month projects with clear goals, deliverables, measurements, and milestones
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.