VP of Security Engineering
Tinder is on a mission to change the world, bringing people together and facilitating millions of connections that otherwise might not have been possible. With tens of millions of users and an expansive global presence, our reach is expansive - and rapidly growing.
We're looking for a VP of Security Engineering to join our team!
About the role
Tinder's security teams are focused on protecting the information that people entrust with us and the systems that help the company deliver on its mission. The organization collaborates with teams across the company, from engineering to security to legal and policy, to build applications that provide these protections.
As the VP of Security Engineering, you will strategically influence and define the present and future of how we protect and secure our organization and our users.
What You’ll Do
- As the senior leader, you will set the vision and direction for the team and lead execution strategies - understanding architecture and platform needs to ensure Tinder leads in the fast-evolving and complex security landscape across cloud, backend systems and edge architectural segments
- Define the security roadmap and policy in alignment with the strategic goals and needs of the business
- Evaluating strategic investments in security software, resources, infrastructure, and tooling necessary to scale the business
- Lead the security engineering team that develops and supports application security services consumed by product teams in a global environment
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience in Security Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in building, mentoring and managing teams
- Experience developing security solutions for distributed systems on AWS
- Experience in building automation to detect and fix security issues in the code developed by engineers
- Experience with regulatory frameworks such as HIPAA, ISO, SOX, GDPR
- Proven track record of collaborating with and influencing engineering leaders to implement App Security Strategy
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location