VP of Engineering at AppOnboard
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:15 a.m. (PST) on Friday, August 14, 2020
AppOnboard is looking for an ambitious VP of Engineering who is passionate about people, technology, and building a high-performing engineering organization to build great products. We are looking for someone who can manage a group of 20+ engineers, define and scale our software development processes, and partner with Product to build a technical roadmap to help us achieve our aggressive product goals. We're Looking for someone who can help establish engineering standards, ensure we have a strong technical vision, and adopt effective engineering best practices, all while also having a high standard for delivering results.
- Build and lead a high-performance team through effective hiring, coaching, and people development
- Drive engineering practices and processes to increase velocity and productivity
- Establish an engineering culture that inspires, motivates, and drives continuous delivery
- Partner closely with Product and Design, as well as with other senior leaders, to develop a technical strategy and roadmap that delivers on our strategy
- Ensure a high level of quality and predictability of software delivery
- Measure and report on team productivity, performance, and relevant development KPIs
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of strong management and organizational leadership skills
- Hands on knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, agile development, code reviews, and source control management
- Experience with desktop software development. Game engine experience is a plus.
- Extensive experience recruiting and developing top engineering talent
- Have kept your technical skills sharp. C++, graphics programming, MacOS, and/or Windows development a plus
- MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with PPO and HMO options
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Fully-stocked kitchen and bi-weekly catered lunches
- Paid parking and commuter stipend
*Joining our team does not mean that you have to be located in Los Angeles, CA -- If you live outside of the city or even out of state, we are still interested in learning more about you.
At this time, AppOnboard is respectfully not offering sponsorships.
Read Full Job Description