Are you an expert computer software technologist currently leading an engineering team of application developers? Are you a hands-on leader that understands the importance of best practices engineering principals? Are you interested in being a true business partner with product to help drive great products across the finish line? Do you picture yourself working for a company where trust, ambition, recognition, accountability and respect are the five main pillars of culture? If so, read on. We believe that people are reliable, good, honest and effective. We hire good people that share that belief. We also happen to be the fastest growing company in advertising.
As VP/Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading, hiring and empowering the SteelHouse Engineering team. You will be in the thick of conversations figuring out how to scale and extend what we’re working on by bringing vision and creative solutions to the business while balancing priorities. It’s essential you organize the teams for successful product releases. You’ll work hand in hand with our CEO, CPO and engineering team contributing to the SteelHouse vision.
- Empower the engineering team
- Recruit, hire and mentor the engineering team
- Arbitrate between business and engineering needs
- Partner with product finding permanent solutions to expedite products to the finish
- Contribute to our vision and architecture
- Know the systems and servers intimately
- Work across tech stack and be excited to develop new languages
- Drive best practices and principals of Engineering to make great decisions
- 7-10 years hands-on software engineering -solving and scaling problems horizontally
- 5+ years leading and building a team of software engineers to do the same
- Exceptional people skills –mentoring, leading, scaling teams of 50-100 (required)
- Ability to attract and inspire top-notch engineers
- Strong leadership and communication (synchronous and asynchronous) skills
- Pristine organizational skills – you understand how to organize teams for success
- Hands-on management approach to deliver and maintain complex systems
- Development experience scaling complex systems
- Passion for architecture and coding
The Gig Comes with a Few Perks
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside - in our LA location
SteelHouse (www.SteelHouse.com) is a leading ad technology platform. Our end-to-end solution gives advertisers control over audience, creative, and channel enabling them to get the most of their performance campaigns. SteelHouse reaches hundreds of millions of consumers a month, across hundreds of the world’s largest publishers and delivers award-winning retargeting, retention, acquisition and creative technologies. The SteelHouse team is comprised of veteran marketers and engineers from eHarmony, E*TRADE, Oracle, Yahoo!, and the Rubicon Project.