Vehicle Software Platform Engineer
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Build backend APIs and services
- Documentation for APIs and services
- Work closely with various business partners (firmware team, core platform)
- Architecture design
- Writing functional and integration tests for backend services
- Build huge scale real-time IoT platforms to handle many millions of connected devices.
- Respond to real-time scaling and operational challenges as Bird grows around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience in Golang or equivalent experience in building high performance distributed systems.
- SQL experience
- Redis experience
- Distributed computing experience including multi-region global platform development
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development
- IOT experience a plus
Technology We're Working With
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description