Test Development Engineer at Bird
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:58 p.m. (PST) on Monday, June 10, 2019
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Perform functional manual testing of new & existing features to cover all UX/business use cases and performance tests; ensure error handling and boundary conditions work as defined in product specifications
- Work closely with product, design & engineering teams to help define quality metrics, and create use-case scripts to facilitate ad-hoc testing
- Ensure test planning, test framework, execution, and reporting is efficient, and coordinated
- Support and enforce engineers in writing tests to maintain high test coverage
- Monitor failures and crashes, report bugs
- Bring in new or better alternate automated testing tools
- Maintain mobile and web release cycles along with comprehensive release notes
- SQL experience
- Distributed Computing experience
- API testing
- Software testing working with various technologies including distributed internet technologies
- Proven experience creating, executing and reviewing results of functional, integration, and regression testing
- Experience using the command line
- Ability to design and implement test automation & unit testing frameworks
- Experience with open source test tools
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- Postgresql experience is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description