Technology Manager - Retail Systems (LA) at sweetgreen
Technology Manager - Retails Systems
We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Our guests don’t go to a sweetgreen, they go to their sweetgreen, and each space is a reflection of the community it’s a part of. In the spirit of keeping it real, we seek to preserve and honor the natural structure of a building, and we actively seek distinctive spaces with interesting history.
Currently there are 120 sweetgreen locations that are infused with wide variety technology systems that help run the business optimally creating delighted customers. We are seeking an experienced Information Technology Manager who can contribute to sweetgreen’s success by overseeing then ensuring that the technology systems are operating effectively and efficiently, through leading a team of highly effective technologists. They will contribute also to the future design ideas where new technology can be deployed faster and more cost effective.
- Managing technology staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance
- Overseeing the team’s annual budget and ensuring cost effectiveness
- Monitoring daily operations of technology systems
- Introduce and maintain rigor in technology deployment, support resolution process
- Root cause resolution and analysis reporting
- Coordinate technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software when necessary
- Generating performance reports for systems
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Provide 24x7 support for systems in the restaurant
- Manage : systems engineers, IT analysts, IT deployment managers
- Manage multiple technology vendors (Invoices, SOW, Business Review)
- Relevant education in information technology: computer science, engineering, information systems, or relevant technology certificates
- 3-5 years proven experience managing distributed computing systems and services
- 3-5 year experience managing/administering systems:
- POS, Payment, CMS, ERP, eCommerce, Production management, Assembly line systems, ServiceDesk, NOC, Device management
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications
- Highly organized, detail oriented, methodical rigor in processes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of:
- Distributed Systems
- IoT, Cloud
- Proficient in usage/administration of the following technologies:
- Zendesk, Splunk, Solarwinds
- Atlassian, Confluence, Slack
- G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Azure, OKTA, AD
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.