We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Technical Lead on the Integrations team, you’ll get to develop the architecture of our public APIs and build the internal products that empower our Operations teams.
The ideal candidate for this role has recent hands-on experience designing, building, and iterating on scalable back-end systems and critical business logic. We're looking for an engineer who shares our passion for delighting customers with incredible software. Our team works in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, so great communication skills and a willingness to take risks and push boundaries are a must.
What you’ll get to do
- Design and implement public-facing APIs that allow shippers to integrate with our software
- Develop the internal products and tools used to power Mothership
- Collaborate with senior leadership, product managers, and engineering pods across Mothership to develop the strategy for the Integrations Team
- Architect modern solutions to challenges interacting with legacy systems
- Build for scalability, as we rapidly expand our network of carriers and partners
- Implement features to enhance our sophisticated internal freight management system and our integrations with third party freight carriers
- Mentor other engineers and take ownership of the products you build
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of overall experience, 2 years in leadership
- Experience in a leadership role at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Technical capacity to partner with cross-functional tech leads and comfortable being hands-on in all areas of the product stack (frontend, backend, data)
- Significant experience developing customer-facing products
- Ability to rapidly iterate on product features and enjoy working in an environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Significant experience developing software incrementally with continuous development and deployment
- Demonstrable experience with the full lifecycle of developing public APIs, including update, replacement, and deprecation
- Strong product mindset with the desire to build next generation customer experiences
- Ability to architect simple, modular, and scalable solutions in microservice environments
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution-focused environment
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both professionals and non-specialists
- Strong, recent hands-on experience with NodeJS and TypeScript
- Familiarity with building and distributing Electron applications is a plus
- Familiarity with real-time pub/sub services such as Kafka is a plus
Technologies we're working with
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description