1. Position Overview
The successful Equipment Sustaining Engineer candidate will have broad-based industrial design experience, encompassing Electrical/PLC, Robotics, Mechanical, Welding, Machining, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Conveyor systems, etc. Must be willing to tackle whatever technical challenge presents itself, and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas of expertise as well as teach and mentor.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, finds root cause and communicates actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Become Expert Level Trainer on all production, pilot line, and test equipment and be responsible for the level of knowledge of Shift Leads for their equipment.
- Takes initiative to create, implement and improve PM documents and schedules. All PM documents will be controlled under ISO 2001-2015
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development, cost reduction and improvement working with Manufacturing Engineering to RMA faulty components and communicate needs to the vendor.
- Work with Process and Manufacturing Engineering and other cross functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Lead a TPM team while taking on improvement projects to assist in improving the factory.
- Design and Implement Equipment Reliability Improvement Projects
- BS Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (Other Technical Disciplines Encouraged to apply)
- Hands-on Mechanical or Electrical Hobbies
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team
- 3 to 5 years work experience
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team oriented work environment
- Enjoys Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining and welding.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc).
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Willing to perform shift work(nights) and overtime as required.
- Low Ego and a Good Attitude. No Sense of Entitlement.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.