Staff Software Engineer, Web
Tinder is on a mission to change the world, bringing people together and facilitating millions of connections that otherwise might not have been possible. With tens of millions of users and an expansive global presence, our reach is expansive - and rapidly growing. We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer, Web.
About The Role
The Community Tools engineering team is responsible for architecting, building, and operating the suite of tools that power all of our moderation and account resolution processes. These tools are central to some of the most critical workflows relied upon by our Trust & Safety Moderation and Customer Experience teams. This role will work closely with other teams within the Trust Engineering organization to integrate our moderation flows with our critical systems like content moderation, abuse detection, payment fraud, and more.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will also be tasked to provide technical guidance and direction both for your own projects, and as a broader directive across multiple teams.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with teams to drive your roadmap
- Work with Product and Engineering teams deliver complete solutions
- Partner with the moderation team to tackle and drive design decisions
- Design end-to-end full-stack applications, with privacy as a core consideration
- Own and maintain backend services for team tooling
- Iterate on application UX/workflow to drive core metrics
- Contribute to internal UI App/Component library
- Increase our moderator leverage by identifying shortcomings in existing workflows
- Build prototypes to test and experiment with new features/components
What You’ll Need
- Experience with NodeJS, ReactJS not required, but helpful
- Familiarity with visual design concepts
- Experience with data visualization
- 3+ years building APIs and/or web applications
- 3+ years using modern UI frameworks to build complex front-end UIs
- 2+ years in web/backend development
About The Team
As an engineer on Community tools, you will be part of the Trust & Safety Organization. We're a lean, multi-functional team of highly motivated engineers, data scientists, product managers, and anti-fraud specialists who are working to build a trusted Tinder community and to protect our users from toxic behavior, harassment, spam, and other forms of abuse.
This team supports our users on a global scale by improving customer experience, enforcing internal abuse policies, and elevating both the quality and efficiency of our moderation efforts.
The Trust Engineering organization faces a wide array of difficult and meaningful challenges. Our software touches every phase of the user account lifecycle, and the considerations include user privacy, real-time processing, anomaly detection, API security, machine learning integration, user experience, queuing theory, and many more.
As Part Of Our team, You’ll Enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location