Fair's software engineers develop the next-generation FinTech technologies that change how millions of users access mobility. Our products need to reliably handle information at scale, and process millions of dollars. We're looking for engineers who have a passion to help build an outstanding automotive FinTech platform. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project to Fair's needs with opportunities to switch projects as you and our business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to display qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, as a Lead Software Engineer for our Product Team, you will work on Fair's customer-facing product. You will work with the web and mobile app developers to develop backend functionalities that power the consumer experience.
- Scope and lead large technical projects that impact multiple teams
- Scrutinize and reason about the technology and technical solutions
- Arbitrate decisions correctly that consider software best practices, product/system realities, and numerous partners' preferences and concerns
- Contribute code directly to the codebase; serve as a role model for how great software is written for the team
- Work with other team leads, UX and Product to ensure successful project delivery.
- Technical background, including 8+ years of experience with system architecture and a successful track record leading software engineering projects
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with UX and Product Management teams
- Solid Ruby/Rails experience building APIs for customer-facing mobile or web apps
- Have experience mentoring engineers
- Enjoy doing educational code reviews and architectural reviews
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Healthy work-life balance
- Equity incentives
- Unlimited vacation package
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- Remote work stipend
- Employee referral bonus
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Leadership, mentorship, and learning programs
It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.
For written California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.
For audible California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.