LegalZoom is the nation's leading provider of quality online legal solutions for families and small businesses. Our Mission is to be the first-place small businesses and families turn to take care of their legal needs.
LegalZoom runs on technology, and as dot com innovators, we look to technology to help us advance and optimize everything we do. Because of this, we rely on a backbone of committed tech superstars who make our site and software more stellar every day.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer for Application Integration on the partnership platform. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to reduce friction in the integrated user experience, and unlock powerful new platform capabilities, all while building exceptional applications in multiple languages.
Someone that is an experienced full-stack developer, a leader, maintains focus, is comfortable working collaboratively in an Agile environment, and contributes to the improvement of our QA and release processes.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software design, developing and managing the delivery of highly scalable, micro-services driven cloud-based systems, leveraging a combination of .NET, Angular, and AWS platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and inspire a team of engineers to meet initiative objectives
- Full-stack hands on development
- Design and communicate solutions that help software engineers to deliver to growing business needs, while thoroughly considering the systems impact
- Be adaptive and strike a good balance between speed and efficiency
- Develop a deep understanding of the system, write technical specifications, mentor development team, enforce coding standards
- Drive the DevOps culture, pushing taking quality into yours hands, enabled by automated testing and continuous integration
- Work closely with product, marketing and other business stakeholders to gather and refine requirements, and release software in a timely fashion
- Contribute to the department’s identity, standards, guidelines and best practices
- Take part in agile ceremonies to estimate and execute projects
- Support the daily operations of the IT/Tech department
- We are looking for polyglot Software Developers with 8+ years of hands-on programming experience
- Significant programing experience with - .NET platform using C# including experience with .NET core or any other language such as Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.…
- Experience leading development teams, including remote teams
- Experience with traditional RDMBS (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle DB) as well as NoSQL solutions (Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis)
- Extensive knowledge of software development, automation methodologies & release processes
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Experience working with TypeScript, ES6/ES7
- Exposure to front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Hands on experience writing tests using automation frameworks (Jasmine, Karma, etc.)
- Proven success implementing client side MVVM frameworks such as Angular or React
- Previous experience using build runners such as gulp or grunt to automate front end build processes
- Cloud based computing such as Azure or AWS, especially serverless compute such as Azure Functions or AWS Lambda
- Distributed and asynchronous computing experience using message queues, streaming, and event-based development using any of SNS, SQS, Azure Service Bus, Kinesis, Kafka, or related products
- Advanced experience building web services/APIs using REST based API in a high transaction environment
- Knowledge of API security using OAUTH or OpenID Connect
- Ability to write complex SQL queries with deep knowledge of database indexing and query optimization
- Deep knowledge of database indexing techniques and query optimization
- Expert experience working with a source control tool (GIT) with strong understanding of build automation
- Proven ability to use Design Patterns to accomplish scalable architecture
- Proficiency in using architectural design utilities like Visio, ERDs, UML
- 4+ years working an agile environment
- Expert level experience working in a Windows environment
- Intermediate experience working in a Linux environment
- Basic experience building out CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Experience working with A/B testing tools (Optimizely, etc.)
- Experience working with web analytics and marketing systems (Tealium, Google Analytics, etc.)
Work is primarily performed in a typical business office environment setting using standard office equipment. Occasional travel may be required.