Staff iOS Engineer
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As an iOS engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
By applying to this role you will be considered for all iOS roles currently available in our LA, Palo Alto and San Francisco offices.
As a Staff iOS Engineer at Tinder, you will have the opportunity to:
- Influence the roadmap and product development of the Tinder App and services
- Play a meaningful role in defining and driving our architecture, design and standard methodologies.
- Build new internal shared frameworks and libraries to be used by the entire iOS Team
- Leverage the value of scalable architecture and clean code to enable the efficient innovation of new features
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate, and learn from innovative and passionate team members
- 8 + years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of professional experience building native iOS applications
- Significant experience building applications in Swift
- Deep understanding of the iOS Platform and ecosystem
- Knowledge of Swift concepts (structs, optionals, generics etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of native iOS frameworks like URL Session, Core Data and Core Animation.
- Knowledge of iOS memory management and protocol-oriented programming
- Experience building and testing large-scale iOS apps and/or codebases
- Passionate about the latest in iOS technology and sharing that knowledge with others
- Experience with building public APIs and mobile SDK’s
- Ability and desire to collaborate with multifunctional teams across the organization to implement effective, solutions oriented improvements
- Experience leading re-architectures and refactors on high-traffic application
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- The highest user to engineer ratio in North America for a non-gaming mobile application
- Tremendous opportunity to tackle some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage and progressive reproductive benefits
- Competitive salary, 401(k) matching up to 10% and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches and dinners, an endless supply of snacks/refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.