About the Opportunity:
As a member of Infrastructure Engineering Team, the Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for design, analysis, implementation, and maintenance of our server and storage infrastructure in ReachLocal’s mixed, Windows and Linux environments. This role involves requirements gathering, architecting technical solutions, project management, and documenting design and standards. The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for the management of storage, systems, network, security, and applications for all global employees and supporting services.
About your Responsibilities:
- Windows server administration, Active Directory and related technologies such as GPO, DFS, LDS, SCCM, MDT, WSUS, NPS, etc.
- Identity management, SAML SSO solutions such as ADFS, OKTA, OneLogin
- Management of operating system patches and change requests
- Participate in planning, integration, and AWS migration meetings
- Automation & development skills (i.e. can write scripts, use automation tools to deploy servers, configurations, and patches)
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years of Windows platform experience.
- Must know Windows 2012/2016R2, and Active Directory.
- 5+ years of designing and implementing global systems
- 4+ years working with redundant n-tier architectures including their design, implementation and managing capacity/ scaling challenges
- 3+ years working with virtualization technologies. Must know VMware ESX 5.
- Deep understanding around the implementation and support of Microsoft software technologies such as: ADFS, SAML, SSO, ADAM, & OpenLDAP
- Experience configuring SAN/NAS drives such as FC and NFS to Windows operating systems.
- Strong scripting and automation experience using powershell and/or vbscript.
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery design, planning and implementation for Windows platforms.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
Have experience supporting and maintaining production infrastructure in on-prem data centers or AWS cloud provider
Have experience in migrating of large systems from data centers to cloud
Have a clear understanding of information security concepts and best practices
Have working knowledge and being able to troubleshoot networks: routing, subnets, ACLs, site-to-site tunnels
Have a working knowledge of agile/scrum processes
Strong team player who can build relationships within the organization
Have the ability to thrive in a high-energy, high-growth, fast-paced environment
Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills
Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
Hands-on; completes tasks and is dependable
Innovative, with excellent analysis, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
Ability to work independently or a team environment
A strong desire to dive into technical challenges
Above all, ethical, fair and of high integrity