Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant’s Potens.io Team seeks a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Los Angeles office. Potens.io team is responsible for building and supporting Suite of powerful and efficient big data tools designed so that even the non-engineer can easily explore data and compose and automate workflows to become self-sufficient in their data needs.
If you’re interested in building software to enable cutting-edge self-serve systems over petabytes of data, this is the place to be.
- Design, build and maintain functional, scalable, and extensible cloud-based web applications for SaaS.
- Develop and support frontend and backend of Viant’s Big Data Tools.
- Constantly improve existing code-base quality and deliver new high-quality code. Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Resolve technical issues and bring in innovation that improves scalability and performance.
- 5+ years of production level experience in either Java or GoLang.
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying, and operating large scale distributed systems.
- Experience working on a SaaS platform or with Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Experience with cloud technologies, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL.
- Strong inter-personal communication and collaboration skills.
- A good team player, high level of personal commitment & 'can do' attitude.
- A strong communicator and team player. Explain complex technical concepts to other engineers is no problem for you.
- Intimate knowledge and experience with GCP Products like Google BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub, App Engine, Cloud Run, Dataflow, Composer, etc. is a bonus
- Hands on experience with code control and code review tools like Git
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Some web frontend technology a bonus.
- Experience with AWS, Azure is a plus
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.